Sunday, May 15, 2011

Report: Allergy Season Here with a Vengeance

I spotted the above headline from the Associated Press and clicked on it, knowing full well that it would only verify what my nose and eyes have been telling me for weeks.  Pollen season is in full bloom.

Pollen season seems to hit me differently every year.  Two years ago I had the occasional bout of asthma.  Last year it was my sinuses.  And this year my eyes have been so watery it sometimes blurs my vision. 

The AP article suggests that it only seems like each year is "the worst pollen season ever."  Indeed, the pollen forecast for the next four days shows only moderate levels of grass, oak and mulberry pollen.  However, with the weather as nice as it is, I've been spending more time outdoors, allergies be damned.  And the air conditioning hasn't run in days, allowing the pollen that is there to accumulate.

There is also this potential trend to watch out for.  Global warming theory predicts a longer growing season and with it, a longer pollen season.  Let's hope that prediction doesn't come true.

Links:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110514/ap_on_re_us/us_allergy_season
Allergy forecast from Pollen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment