Thursday, May 26, 2011

Power Restoration Target: 10pm Thursday

Dominion Virginia is aiming for 10:00 Thursday night as their goal for restoring all power that was knocked offline by Tuesday's sudden storm.  I asked Bonita Harris, Dominion's spokesperson in Chesapeake, for an update on restoration efforts.  As of 10:30am, Dominion had restored 96% of the more than 170,000 outages from Tuesday;  about 6,500 outages remain.

I'll admit that I called Bonita partially for personal reasons.  My house is one of four of my street without power.  She said hospitals, public safety offices like police stations, and water treatment facilities, are always put at the top of the restoration priority list.  After that, they repair the lines that have the most outages.  Meaning my one affected power pole with four houses on it will likely be put at the bottom of the list.

Harris also said don't assume that Dominion knows your power is out.  She said they would find out eventually, but having the customer report the outage helps them find the problem sooner.

To report an power outage, call 866-DOM-HELP (866-366-4357).

Link:
Dominion Virginia Power's Outage Summary

No comments:

Post a Comment