Thursday, September 20, 2012

You Can Use Coupons Retroactively

Have you ever gotten home from the store and later found a coupon that you could have used?  That was me on Monday, when I found a coupon worth $3.50 off if I spent more than $50 at Food Lion.  After mentally kicking myself, I realized it might be worth it to ask if I could cash in the coupon retroactively.  Turns out, it was.

I returned to the store the next day with the coupon and my receipt and asked the manager on duty if I could get credit for the coupon.  Three minutes later, I walked out of the store with a $3.50 credit on my credit card.

This is the second time I've cashed in a coupon after the fact; the first was a $10 coupon at OfficeMax.  This again shows that it doesn't hurt to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment