Friday, September 21, 2012

Teachers Get Free Admission to the VA Sports Hall of Fame October 6th

The Virginia Sports Hall of Fame is inviting teachers to check out their educational programs with a free Teacher Open House on Saturday, October 6th, from 10am to 5pm.

Teachers and one guest will receive free admission to tour the museum, which will be highlighting its new Math Academy.  Teachers will also get to meet the museum's education staff.

If you've never been to the Virginia Sports Hall of Fame, it's worth checking out.  Mary, Megan and I went a few years ago while Delaney was attending a birthday party at the Children's Museum.  We had a blast.

The museum is really hands on.  I shot three-pointers in a half-court gym alongside life-sized portraits of Virginia greats Moses Malone and Ralph Sampson.  They also have a pitching cage with radar gun.  The best I could do was 55mph; even when I'm playing baseball I can't bring myself to break the speed limit.  And prepare to be surprised by just how many names you recognize from sports that you never knew were Virginia natives.

Learn more about the Teacher Open House here.




No comments:

Post a Comment