Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Another Computer Virus...Sigh

Just got finished removing another pesky computer virus.  This time it was my laptop.  Not one, not two, but three different "search toolbars" had installed themselves on my browsers.

It had been a while since I've had to handle a situation like this.  So long, in fact, that I had to refer to one of my own blog posts to remember how to remove it.  In most cases, using Windows System Restore will handle it.  Learn more here.

Also, don't forget to check the "uninstall a program" directory in the Control Panel.  In most versions of Windows, the directory can be sorted by the program's installation date.  If the name of the most recently installed software looks unfamiliar, it may have installed itself without your permission.  I would recommend a Google search of the program just to make sure it's worth removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment