Saturday, October 15, 2011

My Bin Overfloweth

If you were to do a Google search of this blog for the word, "recycling," you would find at least a half dozen posts I've written on the subject.  Recycling was one of the reasons I started this blog.  I've stopped assuming that everyone knows what can be recycled and where.  My neighbors regularly provide evidence to the contrary...many of them fill their curbside recycling bins with garbage.

One of the recycling problems I run into is that my curbside bin is sometimes full before the collection day.  In such a case, I have four options:  let the recycling pile up in the house until the bin is emptied (messy), dump it in my neighbor's bin (sneaky), throw it in the garbage (wasteful), or haul it away myself.  I'm lucky to live close enough to one of the four recycling drop-off centers in Virginia Beach that hauling it away myself is practical.
  1. First Landing State Park -- near the Shore Drive entrance.
  2. The Virginia Beach Landfill -- 1989 Jake Sears Road
  3. Princess Anne High School -- 4400 Virginia Beach Boulevard, behind the portable classrooms
  4. Municipal Center Parking Lot -- George Mason Drive at James Madison Boulevard



View Virginia Beach Recycling Drop-Off Centers in a larger map

For information on what can and cannot be recycled in Virginia Beach, visit the city's recycling info page.

No comments:

Post a Comment