Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April is Organ Donor Awareness Month

I have in my possession something that is becoming more scarce these days.  It's a driver's license with a smiling photo.  While other new license holders are forced to make do with the stolid driver's license photos now required by the Virginia DMV, I was able to renew my license on-line this year, and they just reused my previous, smiley-faced photo.

But while my license photo remains the same, I did make one change this year.  I checked "organ donor" on the renewal form.

April is Organ Donor Awareness Month.  For over 33 year, the DMV has been asking driver's license applicants if they would like to become an organ donor.  In that time, more than 3.4 million people have said they would.

One organ donor can save up to seven lives.  Learn more about it at www.donatelifevirginia.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment